The 2011 Women's NCAA Tournament bracket will be unveiled at 7 p.m. and several D.C. area schools are in the mix for a tournament berth.
- Navy: The Mids qualified for the tournament by defeating fellow locals American in the Patriot League Tournament.
- Maryland: The Terps lost in the first round of the ACC Tournament to Georgia Tech, but a 23-7 overall record, coupled with a 9-5 ACC record and a win over Duke should give them a high seed.
- Georgetown: A 22-10 record might not look so glamorous, but the Hoyas played two close games against No.1 Connecticut and almost pulled an upset over the defending champions in the Big East Quarterfinals.
- James Madison: The Dukes dominated the CAA this season with a 16-2 conference record and a tournament championship over Delaware.
- Hampton: A one-loss regular season record in the MEAC along with a second-straight conference championship over local Howard will punch the ticket for the Pirates.