The 2011 U.S. Open is in full swing now, and an American is atop the U.S. Open leaderboard early on in Thursday's action. Ryan Palmer, a 34-year old from Texas, is off to a fast start, with three birdies in his first 10 holes to go into sole possession of first place at three-under par.
A group of three is right behind Palmer at two under, including Chez Reavie, Johan Edfors and Jeff Overton. A host of others sit back at one-under, including defending champion Graeme McDowell. Here is an updated leaderboard.
- Ryan Palmer: -3 through 10
- Chez Reavie: -2 through 16
- Johan Edfors: -2 through 11
- Jeff Overton: -2 through 10
- Graeme McDowell: -1 through 13
- Y.E. Yang: -1 through 12
- Jason Day: -1 through 10
- J.J Henry: -1 through 10
- Davis Love III: -1 through 11
- Brandt Jobe: -1 through 10
- Christo Greyling: -1 through 9
- Bud Cauley: -1 through 7