Danny Wild-US PRESSWIRE
The Monarchs will face Coastal Carolina Saturday in the FCS Playoffs second round.
After sitting out the first round of the FCS Playoffs, the Old Dominion Monarchs found out their second-round opponent Saturday when Coastal Carolina defeated Bethune-Cookman, 24-14. The victory put Coastal Carolina into the single-elimination tournament, which now features 16 teams, with the Monarchs as the No. 4 overall seed.
Old Dominion (10-1) will host the second-round contest Saturday at 2 p.m. at S.B. Ballard Stadium. Its opponent, Coastal Carolina, is 8-4 overall and earned an automatic bid out of the Big South Conference. The Chanticleers are on a six-game winning streak.
The winner of Saturday's showdown will face either Georgia Southern or Central Arkansas, who square off Saturday (2 p.m. on ESPN3). The Eagles (8-3) and Bears (9-2) both earned first-round byes.
Here's what the rest of the FCS playoff bracket looks like:
- (No. 1-seeded) North Dakota St. vs. South Dakota St. - 4 p.m. on Saturday
- Wofford vs. New Hampshire - 2 p.m. on Saturday
- Georgia Southern vs. Central Arkansas - 2 p.m. on Saturday
- (No. 4) Old Dominion vs. Coastal Carolina - 2 p.m on Saturday
- (No. 3) Montana State vs. Stony Brook - 7 p.m. on Saturday
- Sam Houston vs. Cal Poly - 4 p.m. on Saturday
- Appalachian St. vs. Illinois St. - 2 p.m. on Saturday
- E. Washington vs. Wagner - 6 p.m. on Saturday