After sitting out the first round of the FCS Playoffs, the Old Dominion Monarchs found out their second-round opponent Saturday when Coastal Carolina defeated Bethune-Cookman, 24-14. The victory put Coastal Carolina into the single-elimination tournament, which now features 16 teams, with the Monarchs as the No. 4 overall seed.
Old Dominion (10-1) will host the second-round contest Saturday at 2 p.m. at S.B. Ballard Stadium. Its opponent, Coastal Carolina, is 8-4 overall and earned an automatic bid out of the Big South Conference. The Chanticleers are on a six-game winning streak.
The winner of Saturday's showdown will face either Georgia Southern or Central Arkansas, who square off Saturday (2 p.m. on ESPN3). The Eagles (8-3) and Bears (9-2) both earned first-round byes.
Here's what the rest of the FCS playoff bracket looks like:
- (No. 1-seeded) North Dakota St. vs. South Dakota St. - 4 p.m. on Saturday
- Wofford vs. New Hampshire - 2 p.m. on Saturday
- Georgia Southern vs. Central Arkansas - 2 p.m. on Saturday
- (No. 4) Old Dominion vs. Coastal Carolina - 2 p.m on Saturday
- (No. 3) Montana State vs. Stony Brook - 7 p.m. on Saturday
- Sam Houston vs. Cal Poly - 4 p.m. on Saturday
- Appalachian St. vs. Illinois St. - 2 p.m. on Saturday
- E. Washington vs. Wagner - 6 p.m. on Saturday