With only one day remaining at the 2012 Olympic Games, the United States has established what appears to be an insurmountable lead over second place China with a lone day of competition remaining. Team USA captured eight medals on Saturday, three gold, three silver, and two bronze, to bring their overall total to 102 medals, the first and only country to crack the 100-medal mark.
The top five countries on the overall medal leaderboard through Day 15 are below:
- United States: 44 gold, 29 silver, 29 bronze (102 overall)
- China: 38 gold, 27 silver, 22 bronze (87 overall)
- Russia: 21 gold, 25 silver, 22 bronze (78 overall)
- Great Britain: 28 gold, 15 silver, 19 bronze (62 overall)
- Germany: 11 gold, 19 silver, 14 bronze (44 overall)
For a complete schedule of events and dates medals will be awarded, visit NBC Sports' official Olympic website. For complete coverage from the 2012 London Olympics, keep checking this StoryStream and visit SB Nation's Olympics hub.