After falling to Real Salt Lake by a score of 1-0 on Saturday night, the D.C. United now sit in sixth place in the Eastern Conference and one point out of a playoff spot (41 points, 27 games played). The loss marked the sixth consecutive road loss suffered by the club and allowed the Columbus Crew to leap-frog them in the standings.
Luckily, the United will receive a two week break after concluding a marathon schedule that saw the team participate in five matches over a two week span (1-2-2). They will resume action on Sept. 15 against the New England Revolution.
Listed below are the top-five teams in the Eastern Conference:
1. Sporting Kansas City; 50 points, 27 games played
2. New York Red Bulls; 46 points, 27 games played
3. Chicago Fire; 44 points, 26 games played
4. Houston Dynamo; 42 points, 27 games played
5. Columbus Crew; 42 points, 26 games played
For a complete list of standings for both conferences, click here.