College football kicks off on Thursday with a number of games. Here is a complete schedule of all the ACC contests over the next three days.
The 2011 college football season will begin on Thursday with a number of big games involving Top 25 teams and many more. Thursday also marks the beginning of the 2011 ACC football schedule. While only one game -- Monday's Miami vs. Maryland showdown -- is a league game, the other 10 teams will begin their season over the next three days. Two ACC clubs will be in action on Thursday, with the other eight playing Saturday.
Here is the complete Week 1 ACC schedule:
Western Carolina vs. Georgia Tech: Paul Johnson's alma mater will offer the Yellow Jackets the perfect tune-up to the season. (7:30 p.m., ESPN3). Visit SB Nation Atlanta and From the Rumble Seat for more on Georgia Tech.
- Wake Forest vs. Syracuse: The Demon Deacons were horrendous last year, while Syracuse appears to maybe be a team on the rise. We'll find out for sure starting Thursday. (8 p.m.). Visit Blogger So Dear for more on Wake Forest. Visit Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician and SB Nation New York for more on Syracuse.
- Northwestern vs. Boston College: Boston College, like Maryland, is dealing with some attendance issues, even though Northwestern is a power-conference opponent. (Noon, ESPNU). Visit BC Interruption and SB Nation Boston for more on Boston College. Visit Sippin on Purple and SB Nation Chicago for more on Northwestern.
- Appalaichian State vs. No. 13 Virginia Tech: One would think the Hokies got this, but they do tend to lose to bad teams early in the season, and Appalaichian State has a reputation for being a giant killer. (12:30 p.m., ESPN3). Visit Gobbler Country for more on the Hokies.
- Louisiana Monroe vs. No. 6 Florida State: Nice little tuneup game for the Seminoles. Tough scheduling. (3:30 p.m., ESPNU). Visit Tomahawk Nation for more on Florida State.
- James Madison vs. North Carolina: The Everett Withers era begins with a game against James Madison. (3:30 p.m., ESPN3). Visit Carolina March for more on North Carolina.
- Troy vs. Clemson: Will Clemson actually be good this year, instead of the mediocre finish we're used to seeing from them? (3:30 p.m., ESPN3). Visit Shakin the Southland for more on Clemson.
- Liberty vs. No. 25 North Carolina State: We won't know if North Carolina State actually deserves to be listed as the third-best team in the ACC. We probably still won't know after this game. (6 p.m., ESPN3). Visit Backing The Pack for more on N.C. State.
- William and Mary vs. Virginia: This is as good a time as any to share this Mike London video. (6 p.m., ESPN3). Visit Streaking The Lawn for more on Virginia.
Richmond vs. Duke: Come on, you know you're excited for this one! (7 p.m., ESPN3).
- Miami vs. Maryland: Visit our StoryStream for more on this game.