Of course he does. Via a translated interview on Argumenti.ru, as found by Sarah Schorno Kogod of Capital Games:
"But it's not his cell phone number, but rather his home phone," he explained. "I call him often. But Putin is never at home. So far I haven't managed to talk to him yet!"
There are so many questions that need to be answered here, such as:
- How often does Ovechkin actually call?
- What kinds of messages is Ovechkin leaving?
- What does Ovi actually want to talk to Putin about?
- Why is Putin not returning Ovechkin's calls?
- What is Putin doing anyway?
- Is there any way we can get our hands on these voice mails? Please? Pretty please? I'll pay whatever is needed.