The Washington Redskins lost, 33-20, to Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. Newton, of course, is a rookie quarterback, and the Redskins have a habit of losing to rookie quarterbacks. How often do they do it? This stat from our own Daniel Shiferaw will shock you.
on their way to losing to a rookie quarterback for the seventh straight time.
Rookie quarterbacks tend to lose more often than they win, so this is truly ridiculous. Because we love misery, here are those seven games in which the Redskins lost to a rookie QB.
- October 15, 2006: Loss to Vince Young and Tennessee Titans, 25-22.
- November 19, 2006: Loss to Bruce Gradkowski and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 20-17.
- December 2, 2007: Loss to Trent Edwards and Buffalo Bills, 17-16.
- December 7, 2008: Loss to Joe Flacco and Baltimore Ravens, 24-10.
- September 27, 2009: Loss to Matthew Stafford and Detroit Lions, 19-14.
- September 26, 2010: Loss to Sam Bradford and St. Louis Rams, 30-16.
October 23, 2011: Loss to Cam Newton and Carolina Panthers, 33-20.