The NFL lockout is over, and the timeline for 2011 NFL free agents has been set. Sports Illustrated obtained a copy of the summary document ending the lockout, and we know all the dates for free agency and training camps. Here is a summary of free agency.
Tuesday, July 26
- Teams can start negotiating with any player.
- Teams can sign rookies and undrafted free agents.
- Teams cannot sign any unrestricted free agents yet. They can only negotiate with them.
Wednesday, July 27
- Some training camps begins. (For the Washington Redskins' training camp dates and schedule, click the link).
Thursday, July 28
- Roster bonuses must be on the roster as of 4 p.m.
- This appears to be the deadline for existing players to be cut. This is obviously a key date for the Redskins, with Albert Haynesworth and Donovan McNabb on the roster.
Friday, July 29
- All unrestricted and restricted free agents can be signed as of 6 p.m.
- All of the teams' own free agents can be re-signed.