The NFL lockout is over, and the timeline for 2011 NFL free agents has been set. Sports Illustrated obtained a copy of the summary document ending the lockout, and we know all the dates for free agency and training camps. Here is a summary of free agency.
Tuesday, July 26
- Teams can start negotiating with any player.
- Teams can sign rookies and undrafted free agents.
- Teams cannot sign any unrestricted free agents yet. They can only negotiate with them.
Wednesday, July 27
Thursday, July 28
- Roster bonuses must be on the roster as of 4 p.m.
- This appears to be the deadline for existing players to be cut. This is obviously a key date for the Redskins, with Albert Haynesworth and Donovan McNabb on the roster.
Friday, July 29
- All unrestricted and restricted free agents can be signed as of 6 p.m.
- All of the teams' own free agents can be re-signed.
For more on NFL free agency, visit our StoryStream listing key 2011 NFL free agents the Redskins could target. Also, be sure to check out SB Nation's Redskins blog Hogs Haven.