Now that the NFL lockout is over, we can begin to focus on NFL free agency. The league has released its official list of 2011 NFL free agents, and there are 12 members of the Washington Redskins on it. All 12 are unrestricted free agents with four or more seasons accrued in the league.
Santana Moss and Carlos Rogers headline the list. Moss is the team's leading receiver for the past several years running and is one of the longest-tenured members of the club. Rogers is one of the team's starting cornerbacks and has also been with the team for a while, though his tenure has been a bit rockier.
The Redskins are expected to be among the most active teams in free agency. Here are their 12 free agents, in alphabetical order.
- H.B. Blades, Linebacker
- Jammal Brown, Offensive Tackle
- Phillip Buchanan, Cornerback
- Reed Doughty, Safety
- Mike Furrey, Wide Receiver
- Kedric Golston, Defensive Tackle
- Rex Grossman, Quarterback
- Stephon Heyer, Offensive Tackle
- Rocky McIntosh, Linebacker
- Santana Moss, Wide Receiver
- Carlos Rogers, Cornerback
- Chris Wilson, Linebacker