Super Bowl Sunday is upon us, and that means two things: football...and food. Lots and lots of food. Right, and the football. Some enjoy pizza for the big game. Some enjoy dip. Why not get the best of both worlds with the pizza dip below? Trust me, it's worth a shot. Easy to prepare, and once made eaten in less time than it took to make. It's that good.
Pizza Dip (via Closet Cooking)
What you will need from the kitchen:
- Cheeses: four ounces of softened cream cheese. One cup of grated mozzarella. 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- sour cream, 1/4 cup
- mayonnaise, also 1/4 cup
- one cup of pizza sauce
- sliced pepperoni, two ounces
- sliced green peppers, two tablespoons
- sliced black olives, two tablespoons
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano and spread it across the bottom of a pie plate.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top and sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni, green pepper and olives.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese has melted, bubbling and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled to kick off at 6:29 P.M. ET, and the game will be televised nationally on NBC. The network will also be streaming the game live, for free, at NBCSports.com. Eating can commence at any time you would like.
For more on the Patriots and their Super Bowl run, check out SB Nation's Patriots blog,Pats Pulpit as well as SB Nation Boston. For more on the Giants and their Super Bowl appearance, visit Giants blog Big Blue View and SB Nation New York. For all news and information regarding Super Bowl XLVI, please stay tuned to SB Nation's dedicated Super Bowl hub.