Day 3 of the Washington Redskins' mandatory veteran minicamp will not involve any actual practice, according to head coach Mike Shanahan.
Tomorrow, what we're going to do is when the players get in, they'll get in around 7:30-8 a.m., we'll work out until about 9 a.m. and we'll run and we'll lift. Then, we'll have a couple hours of film, but we're not going to practice tomorrow afternoon. We're a little banged up. We've done a heck of a job throughout the offseason, all these OTA's. Tomorrow will be more of a workout, running and lifting, more of a meeting, but we won't go through what we did today.
So, that wraps up all Redskins offseason activities until training camp begins in late July. Here's what else came out on Wednesday afternoon.
- Chris Cooley (hamstring) and Leonard Hankerson (hip surgery) should be ready to go full speed on Day 1 of training camp. Shanahan does not believe anyone will need to be held out of the first day of training camp.
- Santana Moss has lost between 10 and 15 pounds this offseason. "To me, he looks like what he looked like three years ago," Shanahan said.
- Kyle Shanahan on the free agent pursuit of Pierre Garcon: "I just through without a doubt that he was the best wide-out available."
- Kory Lichtensteiger ( rocovering from torn ACL) hasn't participated in offseason activities. Josh Morgan (recovering from broken leg) hasn't been "full-go" in OTAs, according to Kyle Shanahan.
- Kyle Shanahan also called Trent Williams "one of the most talented players I've ever been around."
- Defensive backs coach Raheem Morris: "Everybody can compete for a starting job." Also, DeAngelo Hall has moved to the inside corner spot and will be tried at nickel corner, according to Jim Haslett.
- For more on this story and all things Washington Redskins football, please stay tuned to SB Nation DC and be sure to head over to Hogs Haven, SB Nation's Redskins blog. For all the latest news and notes from around the league, visit SB Nation's NFL hub.