Stuck in D.C. traffic? Here's your daily morning roundup.
Just so we're clear, this is the Nationals' rotation right now beyond Stephen Strasburg:
- Livan Hernandez, who is 38 years old and got shelled the other night.
- John Lannan, who got shelled last night and might be hurt.
- Luis Atilano and J.D. Martin, who are both rookies who aren't very good.
- Scott Olson, who might not be back this year.
- Chien-Ming Wang, who was terrible last year and probably won't be back until July.
Yeah, that's not pretty. We're now seeing why Roy Oswalt would be a big help. Sadly, it appears that ship has sailed.
Today's link from around the SB Nation network:
- Speaking of the Nationals, Federal Baseball argues that their recent poor play is a blessing in disguise because it enables them to be sellers at the trade deadline.
- Hogs Haven has a quick look at the Redskins' defensive line depth without Albert Haynesworth.
- Bullets Forever breaks down NBA Draft prospect Paul George.