- We just heard that the team Strasburg is facing today has the highest batting average in the league, so it should be at least some competition for him. Or maybe not.
- Strasburg, as he has throughout the minors , looks really comfortable on the mound.
- First two pitches, 97 mph fastballs that missed for balls.
- Bumps it up to 98 on the next pitch, a called strike, 2-1.
- A fastball with good movement away gets slapped to the shortstop, easily handled onto first for the first out of the game.
- Strasburg keeps a quick pace, he is not going to make this live blog easy on me.
- Strasburg falls behind second batter 2-0 also.
- Little chopper to third base for the second out. So far two ground ball outs, that’s his game.
- First pitch to the third batter is a curveball with incredible 12-6 movement that misses low for a ball. I can see a lot of batters swinging and missing at that pitch.
- Gets up to 99 mph as he blows one right down the middle past the batter.
- The announcer calls it a “Good old fashioned country fastball,” I wasn’t aware that was a thing, learn something new everyday.
- Disgusting curveball on the outside black for a called third strike. Inning over.
First Inning: Play Ball!
By Jordan Ruby