- Nationals strand Ivan Rodriguez on third base in the bottom of the second. The score remains Nationals 1, Pirates 0.
- As Strasburg heads to the mound again, I wonder: is there any way he is actually this good?
- First strikeout looking, an 83 MPH called strike against Jason Jaramillo. Fifth strikeout of the game, with the Pirates' pitcher heading to the plate.
- Strasburg gets ahead of Karstens 0-2. It's only a matter of time, now, before his sixth strikeout of the game.
- Swing and a miss. Strasburg downs Karstens with a 98 MPH fastball for his sixth strikeout of the game. He has only faced nine batters.
- McCutchen grounds out to third to end the inning. He's made contact with the ball during both at bats, and as such, deserves a raise.
- Now's a good time to mention how impressed I am with Stephen Strasburg, but you already know that. Not only is he throwing gas (high 90's fastball, low 90's changeup), but his "slurve" is even more unhittable than I could have possibly imagined and his control of the zone has been outstanding.
- Nationals lead, 1-0.
Stephen Strasburg's Debut, Third Inning: Three Up, Three Down
By Alex Reed