Everything you need to know about D.C. Sports in one place.
There are few summer events more fun to follow than the Capitals' Development Camp. One reason is because it really shows the Caps have an insane amount of young talent. Another is because there's so much on the line for these kids, which causes a level of intensity you might not see in the regular season. (The NBA Summer League, which I said was one of my favorite events as well, is a lot like this too).
But if I'm being really honest, my favorite part of following the camp's coverage is seeing all the work from some of the great Capitals blogs out there. One of the more misleading things you could do is judge an entire fanbase on the number and quality of the blogs following the team, but I think it's safe to say the passion of Caps fans is reflected in all the work those blogs doing this week. With that in mind, this Commute will pay tribute to all that coverage with a bunch of links to that coverage.
- Japers Rink
- On Frozen Blog (here and here)
- Russian Machine Never Breaks
- Rock the Red
- Peerless Prognosticator
- Fight For Old D.C.
- Caps Snaps
- Capitals Today
- Speaking of the Development Camp, Japers Rink urges us to keep an eye on the guys who may not be household names, even to Capitals fans.
- Is there anything we can learn from the statistics in the Wizards' first two Summer League games? Bullets Forever tries to find some lessons here.
- D.C. United's two new international players, Branko Boskovic and Pablo Hernandez, are eligible for tonight's game against the Seattle Sounders. Black and Red United talks about how their additions could force coach Curt Onalfo to make some tough decisions.
- In case you didn't notice, the Georgetown fan confidence poll surged up this week. Casual Hoya wants to know why.
- Testudo Times continues to follow all the former Maryland players in the NBA Summer League.
- Finally, check out this long MLB first-half review from SB Nation's Jeff Sullivan, featuring some thoughts on Stephen Strasburg and Adam Dunn.