Everything you need to know about D.C. Sports in one place.
This commute is going to be a bit goofier than usual, but it has to be considering there was a flippin' earthquake in Maryland this morning. (Sidenote: I slept right through it). As you probably guessed, earthquakes, even ones as mild as this one, don't happen very often.
This begs the following question. Which is rarer: earthquakes in the D.C. area, or D.C. United scoring a goal?
Okay, don't answer that question seriously. But honestly, what's up with D.C. United's offense? They've only scored one goal in their last four league games, including last night's 1-0 loss to Seattle. The team recently brought in two international transfers, Branko Boskovic and Pablo Hernandez, to fix that problem, but neither did much in their first game. It's why the team is now basically out of the playoff picture.
I think SB Nation's D.C. United blog Black and Red United said it best here.
But 11 goals in 16 matches sure doesn't sound like a playoff team.
No kidding. Save us, Andy Najar!
Today's must-reads from around the SB Nation network:
- This is an unbelievably comprehensive FanPost on Japers Rink about what Capitals fans can expect from youngster Marcus Johansson. There's a reason it has approximately 4059489035 recommends (slight exaggeration).
- Bullets Forever has some notes on the Wizards' Summer League win last night.
- I'll link Black and Red United's post-match recap again here.
- We'll have more on this later, but this was pretty awesome.
- Federal Baseball explores the cold dynamic between Stephen Strasburg and media members.