Everything you need to know about D.C. sports in one place.
So today marks the official return of Redskins football. They will play the Bills at FedEx Field at 7 p.m., and like everyone else, I'm excited. But lest you think the Redskins come out with a bang, there are all sorts of reasons to believe they will be slow starters.
Consider everything that is new for them this season:
- Head coach
- Offensive system
- (Potentially) Starting running back
- Starting wide receiver (thanks Devin Thomas/Malcolm Kelly)
- Three-fifths of an offensive line (assuming Jammal Brown gets healthy)
- Defensive system
- Pretty much everyone on special teams
Today's must-reads from around the SB Nation network:
- Tomas Fleischmann is a player rumored to be on the move, but Japers Rink provides an argument for moving David Steckel instead.
- With Brown struggling with injuries, should the Redskins look to make a move for a right tackle? Hogs Haven and Rick Snider from the Washington Examiner discuss.
- Maryland's football roster has several true freshmen on it. Which of those players are most likely to make an impact? Testudo Times discusses.