The NCAA 2011 bracket has been announced on the Selection Sunday show, and Kansas has earned the No. 1 seed in the Southwest Region. The Jayhawks won the Big 12 Tournament over Texas on Saturday.
The Jayhawks will play No. 16 seed Boston University. The Terriers won the American East championship on Saturday
Here are the rest of the Southwest Region matchups:
- Notre Dame earned the No. 2 seed as an at-large, and will play No. 15 seed Akron in the first round. The Zips won the Mid-American Conference Tournament.
- Purdue earned the No. 3 seed as an at-large. The Boilermakers will play No. 14 seed St. Peter's in the first round. The Peacocks won the Metro Atlantic Athletic Tournament
- Louisville will be the No. 4 seed as an at-large. The Cardinals play No. 13 seed Morehead State in the first round. Morehead State won the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament.
- Vanderbilt will be the No. 5 seed as an at-large. The Commodors will play No. 12 seed Richmond. The Spiders won the Atlantic 10 Tournament.
- Georgetown will be the No. 6 seed as an at-large. The Hoyas play either No. 11 seed USC or Virginia Commonwealth, both of whom earned at-large bids.
- Texas A&M will be the No. 7 seed as an at-large. The Aggies play No. 10 seed Florida State in the first round. The Seminoles earned an at-large bid.
- UNLV will be the No. 8 seed as an at-large/. The Runnin' Rebels play No. 9 seed Illinois in the first round. The Fighting Illini earned an at-large bid.