The NCAA 2011 bracket has been announced on the Selection Sunday show, and Pittsburgh has earned the No. 1 seed in the Southeast Region. The Panthers won the Big East regular-season crown, but lost in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals
The Panthers will play the winner of a play-in game between UNC-Asheville and Arkansas-Little Rock in the first round.
Here are the rest of the Southeast Region matchups:
- Florida earned the No. 2 seed as an at-large, and will play No. 15 seed UC-Santa Barbara in the first round. The Gouchos won the Big West Conference Tournament.
- BYU earned the No. 3 seed as an at-large. The Cougars will play No. 14 seed Wofford in the first round. The Terriers won the Southern Tournament
- Wisconsin will be the No. 4 seed as an at-large. The Badgers play No. 13 seed Belmont in the first round. The Bruins won the Atlantic Sun Tournament.
- Kansas State will be the No. 5 seed as an at-large. The Wildcats will play No. 12 seed Utah State. The Aggies won the WAC Tournament.
- St. John's will be the No. 6 seed as an at-large. The Red Storm play No. 11 seed Gonzaga in the first round. The Bulldogs won the West Coast Conference Tournament.
- UCLA will be the No. 7 seed as an at-large. The Bruins play No. 10 seed Michigan State in the first round. The Spartans earned an at-large bid.
- Butler will be the No. 8 seed after winning the Horizon Conference Tournament. The Bulldogs play No. 9 seed Old Dominion in the first round. The Monarchs won the CAA Tournament.