This must have been a pretty tough offseason for the Maryland Basketball team. Their best player (Jordan Williams) left for the Draft and Gary Williams retired out of left field. This is hardly the Maryland basketball program that these players committed to play for. But then again, a visit from some of the NBA's bright young stars can probably go a long way to make them feel better about their program. Check out this video from early last week of John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Michael Beasley among others coming to play pickup with the Maryland team on campus.
Some observations after the jump:
- John Wall can jump really, really high. Like, come on.
- DeMarcus Cousins sure seems angry when he dunks. Almost like the rim had asked him to pass or something.
- How can someone as athletic as Michael Beasley have such a good "old man at the YMCA" game? And why do I love it so much?
- Look everyone, James Padgett caught a pass on the inside without fumbling it away out of bounds! Things are looking up for the frontcourt this year.
- Where was this from Mychal Parker last year? Not even making the jump shots, just being in the game at all. I'm not used to that.
- Terrell Stoglin pulls up for three, typical yet amazing.
- Best play of the whole video: the half court alley-oop from Stoglin to incoming frosh Nick Faust. Hoping for a lot more of those from those two this year.
In conclusion, this can only be a good thing for the Terps basketball program. A potential recruit that sees players like John Wall and Michael Beasley coming to campus for some pick up basketball can't help but be impressed. And the players that are already under scholarship can only get better by playing with these guys. This is a win for everyone involved.