Let me get a quick disclaimer out about Day 3 of the 2011 MLB Draft. Most of the guys who are drafted today will not make an impact in the Majors, and if they do, it will not be with the team that drafts them this year. The players that will be picked today are broken down into two categories. College players that aren't very good, and high school players who have some potential, but will likely not sign because of how low they have gone in the Draft. Of course, they went this low because of signability issues; it's kind of a vicious cycle. So keep that in mind.
Having said that, let's look at some of the best prospects that are still available on Day 3. We'll go with the high school players who have the most potential.
1. John Curtiss, RHP, Carroll HS, Texas
2. Pat Connaughton, RHP, St. John's Prep, Massachusetts
3. Elvin Soto, C, Xaverian HS, New York
4. Benton Moss, RHP, Rocky Mount HS, North Carolina
5. Garrett Boulware, C, TL Hanna HS, South Carolina