Week 8 NFL Power Rankings will be released all across the interwebs on Tuesday, and for Washington Redskins fans, the big question is simple: how far will they fall? The Redskins were once as high as No. 8 on some people's lists, but after losing three of their last four and suffering a multitide of injuries on offense, the Redskins are likely in for a big drop.
How big are we talking? Here's our best guess at how power rankings will shake out.
2. New England Patriots (5-1): Pretty clear No. 2 team here, which they'll continue to prove going forward.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2): It never looks pretty, but there they are at 5-2 again with a really easy schedule the rest of the way.
5. San Francisco 49ers (5-1): As nuts as it sounds, this could be a 12-win team if you look at their schedule
6. Detroit Lions (5-2): Still think they deserve to be this high even after two losses to two pretty good teams, but it's possible they aren't as good as we thought they were.
8. New York Giants (4-2): Still the best team in the NFC East.
9. New York Jets (4-3): Might be a bit high, but I can't help but think that they turned a corner with the win over the Chargers last week. Seems like they play best when there's chaos surrounding them.
10. San Diego Chargers (4-2): There's a very legitimate chance they lose to Kansas City next Monday. Think about it: have they played one good football game this year?
11. Houston Texans (4-3): Dominated the only legitimate team in their division on Sunday, and they'll soon get Andre Johnson back.
12. Baltimore Ravens (4-2): They get this big of a drop for setting the game of football back five years on Monday night.
13. Atlanta Falcons (4-3): A big win in Detroit shows what this team is capable of doing. I think they've worked out the kinks and will challenge for the playoffs.
14. Chicago Bears (4-3, LW: 17): They're getting Matt Forte the ball more, and it's leading to success.
15. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2): Still haven't played anyone significant.
16. Dallas Cowboys (3-3): Feels like that missed opportunity in New England two weeks ago could really cost them.
18. Oakland Raiders (4-3): Good trade, you guys.
19. Philadelphia Eagles (2-4): Got their bye week, and now, they need to make their move. I feel like they can do it.
20. Washington Redskins (3-3): I'm guessing most power rankings lists will have the Redskins around here. With all the injuries, can they win even three more games the rest of the year?
21. Kansas City Chiefs (3-3): Three in a row since getting destroyed early in the season, and now they play for a chance to lead the AFC West.
22. Tennessee Titans (3-3): Embarrassing performance on Sunday. Just awful.
23. Cleveland Browns (3-3): How is this team 3-3?
25. Carolina Panthers (2-5): Cam Newton: absolute truth.
26. Denver Broncos (2-4): Tim Tebow: not so absolute truth.
27. Seattle Seahawks (2-4): How do you lose a game 6-3?
29. Arizona Cardinals (1-5): What happened to these guys? They looked close early on, but it's been a disaster since, and now Beanie Wells is injured.
30. St. Louis Rams (0-6): Just awful, part 1
31. Miami Dolphins (0-6): What's worse? Blowing a game to Tim Tebow, or giving up 62 points?
32. Indianapolis Colts (0-7): I'll say the latter. My god.