The Madden 2012 player ratings are now out, and while the team rosters aren't updated due to the frantic free agency period, we do know where most of the Redskins' roster stands. Of course, the roster in Madden includes people who have departed, such as Donovan McNabb (82), Albert Haynesworth (83), Carlos Rogers (80) Josh Bidwell (83) and others, so it's by no means current. Still, here are a couple things we know:
- The highest-rated player on the team is London Fletcher (91), followed by LaRon Landry (90) and newcomer O.J. Atogwe (90).
- Madden clearly favors Rex Grossman in the Redskins' ongoing quarterback value. Grossman checks in as a 76, while Beck has just a 66 rating.
- Chris Cooley (87) is the highest-rated offensive player. Trent Williams (80) paces the linemen.
- The other players on the roster above an 80: Brian Orakpo (88), DeAngelo Hall (86,) Santana Moss (85), Mike Sellers (82) and Rocky McIntosh (81)
More below the jump.
The ratings have only been released for the AFC and NFC East, so we don't know how highly Tim Hightower and Sean Locklear are rated. Otherwise, we do know all the other key newcomers. Here they are.
- Barry Cofield: 84 (which would make him the Redskins' best lineman)
- Josh Wilson: 82 (higher than Rogers)
- Jabar Gaffney: 73 (which would make him the Redskins' No. 3 receiver)
- Chris Chester: 72 (lower than six Redskins' linemen)
- Stephen Bowen: 72 (very low)
- Kellen Clemens: 70 (ahead of John Beck)
- Sav Rocca: 69 (ouch)
Here are the rankings for the Redskins' rookies:
- Ryan Kerrigan: 74
- Jarvis Jenkins: 71
- DeJon Gomes: 68
- Leonard Hankerson: 67
- Roy Helu: 65
- Evan Royster: 64
- Maurice Hurt: 62
- Chris Neild: 62
- Niles Paul: 60
- Brandyn Thompson: 59
- Aldrick Robinson: 56
- Markus White: 52