The Washington Redskins have reportedly cut nine players on Monday in order to close in on the league mandated roster limit of 75 players by 4 p.m., ET, Monday afternoon. Coming into the day, the Redskins needed to make 15 roster moves to trim down to 75.
Here is the list of players the team has released thus far:
- Neil Rackers, Kicker
- Morgan Trent, Corner Back (Injury Settlement)
- Lennon Creer, Running Back
- Sam Kirkland, Wide Receiver
- Lance Lewis, Wide Receiver
- Antwon Bailey, Running Back
- James Lee, Offensive Tackle
- Tony Moll, Offensive Guard
- Beau Reliford, Tight End
Initially, corner back Kevin Barnes was believed to be released but apparently will be traded to the Detroit Lions. As it stands now, the Redskins will need to make five more roster moves (depending on the return for Barnes) prior to the 4 p.m. deadline.
For more on the Redskins as they make their 2012 roster, head to Hogs Haven, and continue to check out SB Nation DC for all the latest Redskins news and updates.