The Wizards received a major blow when another top prospect pulled out of the 2011 NBA Draft. This time, it's Harrison Barnes, the spectacular North Carolina freshman that has decided to return to school. Barnes joins Ohio State's Jared Sullinger and Baylor's Perry Jones as possible Wizards' targets that are not in the draft.
This means the Wizards are caught in a tough spot. They have the fourth-best chance to receive the No. 1 pick, like they did last year, but if things break the wrong way, they could draft as low as seventh. Fourth or fifth remains their most likely landing spot, which would have been fine if Barnes and Sullinger were in this draft, but now stinks because they are not. Wizards fans are freaking out, as they should. In fact, I've obtained a copy of the most recent Wizards fan draft board, which looks something like this.
1. Derrick "Our Savior" Williams
2. That Turkish guy who did those awesome things when he was 18
3. That kid from Africa who did those awesome things when he was 18
4. That European guy with the impossible-to-spell name
5. That other European guy with the impossible-to-spell name
6. That European guy with the easy-to-spell name
7. That guy who shot fewer bricks than Butler in that NCAA title game
9. The two Kentucky guys
225. The Dukie