The Washington Wizards' schedule for the upcoming season that may or may not happen is full of intriguing match-ups for a young squad looking to improve on last year's 23-win season. Here are some games to look out for:
- November 15 @ the Lakers. This game comes at the beginning of a four-game Western conference road trip and at the tail end of a brutal start to the schedule that includes two games against the Magic, a road date with the Heat and a home game vs. the Bulls. After this Lakers game, we'll have a pretty good idea of how the Wiz stack up against the NBA's best.
- November 30 vs. the Cavaliers. This will be John Wall's first chance to go head-to-head with Kyrie Irving, the number 1 overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft. Something tells me this will be the start of a new Wizards-Cavs rivalry.
- January 10 vs. the Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki and the defending champions will visit the Wizards for the only time next season on this date.
- January 13 @ the 76ers. While Wall blossomed in his rookie campaign with the Wiz, the number 2 overall pick in 2010, Sixers guard Evan Turner, struggled to adjust to the NBA. However, he finished last season strong, and if he continues to improve, expect this game to spark up after-the-fact draft debates.
- March 17 @ the Hornets. I don't know whose idea it was to put the Wizards in New Orleans for St. Patrick's day, but it should make for an entertaining night.